Day 1: Reflection of the Night Sky

The day was the 3rd of August, or should I say, the night. It was 9.00 in the evening when the plane, that took me from Indonesia, flew above Bangkok. I sat by the window, and when I looked outside, it was very stunning. I saw the blinking lights of lamps covering the city during the night. It was just like the reflection of the night sky. The city was so beautiful that I could not help myself from staring outside the window.


I arrived in Chiang Mai after I got transfered from Bangkok. The time was 11.00 p.m. when the plane landed elegantly. I looked around the airport, I stepped outside through the arrival gate after I claimed my luggage. Then I waited, I waited for someone whom I had never met. I learned his name is Phol. He was a student in CMRU, my receiving university.

It had been around five minutes when someone approached to me. "It must be Phol", I guessed, and my guess was confirmed when he introduced himself. He was the person in charge who helped me to get to the university from the airport. I took a taxi, and behind me, Phol was following, in his motorbike. "Very inefficient" I judged. Once we arrived at the International House of CMRU, he led me to my room and left me with a bottle of mineral water. Phol was very kind and nice. I felt that my presence was well welcomed in Thailand.

I ended the night with sip of mineral water. I went to bed immediately without even bothering about my luggage which were still perfectly sealed.

1 comment: