Day 7: Unexpected Journey to The Other CMRU Campus


Friday, August 9th. I woke up at 5 after my alarm went off. I made a cup of coffee and prepare for the things that I was going to take to the school. Then I took bath and I got myself ready. At 7.20, I went to the pick up point for the university's van as usual. When I got to the pick up point, the van was already there and it was almost full of people. Most of them were the lecturers of CMRU, I guess. I waited for my friend but she was not showing up until 7.30, so the van left without her. I texted her and asked whether she was going to school or she wanted to skip for one more day because the van already left. Five minutes later she replied that she woke up late, thus she would take the yellow truck to get to the school.

Everything went well as usual, people were talking to each other, some other were talking on their phone, and I was scrolling through the Instagram app. Nothing strange happened that morning, until the van was getting closer to my drop off point, but instead of stopping, the driver went faster. "Holy cow!" I screamed internally, "What am I supposed to do?" I questioned myself. "Should I tell the driver? But it will be very awkward. Or should I just accepted the fact that I am getting farther away from the school?" I could not stop myself from asking myself about these questions.

I took a deep breath, then I thought of the solutions for my problem. I was thinking that the driver might forgot that he should drop me at school, or he might just want to drop the lecturers first, then took me to school afterward. Either way, I should think of the alternatives.

After 40 minutes, the van went to a small road, and I saw "Agriculture Faculty, Chiang Mai Rajabhat University". I was relieved, at least my guessing about dropping off the lecturers first might be correct. Might be. The van reached the faculty and the driver opened the side door. Everyone was getting off, except me. I did not know what to do, until the driver said that he would take me to school by then. Problem was solved.

I arrived at the school and my friend was already there. It usually took me 30 minutes to get to the school, but that morning, it took me more than an hour to get to the school. What a journey.

Distance from CMRU to CMRU (Mae Rim), and Suksasongkhro Chiang Mai School

0 comments:

Post a Comment