Day 10: Praise the Mother's Day. My Weekend Stretches.


The day was August 12th, and Thai calendar marked that day as Mother's Day, which means "holiday". Thai citizens celebrate Mother's Day on the same day as the Queen's birthday. It was first introduced to Thailand on 15th April, 1950. In 1976, Mother’s Day has been changed to 12th August to commemorate the birthday of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit ,the Mother of all Thai people. Queen Sirikit is regarded as mother to all Thai people, thus her birthday is also celebrated as Mother’s Day and observed as a Thai national holiday.

I was so excited, because it happened on Monday, meaning that I had three-day weekend as the schools in Thailand would be closed due to national holiday. I was happy because I finally got time to hangout with other SeaTeacher students from Indonesia. My friend and I were planning to go to Warorot Market, and so we gathered in the lobby of International House.

We were divided into two groups since we would go to reach the market by Grab Taxi. Five people left first with their Grab Taxi, meanwhile I and three other students were still waiting for our ride. The trip to the market took about 20 minutes, and when we got there we waited for Miss Ina, Yupparaj's international teacher from Indonesia. She knows better about Chiang Mai and Warorot Market.

We went around through the market and bought many things, and we ended our adventure on a halal restaurant near Warorot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment