Day 5: Observing Apple


I woke up at dawn on the 7th day of August. I took my glass and I walked, like a zombie, down to the first floor of CMRU's International House to get myself a glass of hot water. I went back to my room, then I made myself a cup of hot coffee. Coffee has always been the source of my "mana". It never fails lifting up my mood, especially in the morning. After finishing my coffee, I took bath and got myself ready. I rushed to the pick up point of the CMRU's van. The van should drop me off in SSCM School every morning. However, I should be at the pick up point before 7.30, otherwise I would be left behind.

Arrived in SSCM School. It was my second day at school. I went straight to the teachers' room, and proceeded to the hall where everyone gathered and sang the national anthem. After singing, we went back to the teachers' room. I had been assigned to a student teacher whom I would observe during the SeaTeacher project. I had been calling her "Pern" until the fourth day of school when I realized that I should be calling her "Ple", the last syllable of "Apple", her nickname. I had never felt this embarrassed, but I did not think she noticed, so I said nothing. I spent the next periods of classes observing her classes.

Teacher Ple (Ms. Orradee Seelakun) teaching the 9th graders

apple picture: kissclipart.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment