Day 8: Expectation & Reality


Saturday, August 10th. The weekend that I had waited for so long finally arrived. I was not whining, but my body was just not ready with the new school routine that I had to adjust. Back in Indonesia, I used to have class at 8.40 and I only had classes usually for 4 hours per day. Meanwhile, in Thailand, I had to be ready at 7.20 and I had to stay at school until 16.30. Not to mention that I had to walk and wait for the Yellow Truck to take me to CMRU.
Now you understand why I expected weekend so much, don't you?

Within the whole weekdays, I imagined what kind of activities that I might do to recharge my energy. When the weekend came, it turned out that I had a basket full of laundry that needed to wash. Long story short, I was lucky enough because CMRU's International House has washing machines on the 6th floor. They are automated washing machines that would operate automatically after I inserted two 10-baht coins. The whole process took about 45 minutes to finish, but usually I would just leave my laundry for the whole hour just to be sure.

I should dry all my clothes by hanging them to the clothesline on the rooftop. However, I honestly thought that hanging my clothes on rooftop was very risky, considering that Thailand was having the rainy season. If the rain suddenly fell, I would have to run to the 6th floor from the 2nd floor, and by the time I got to the top, all my clothes would have been wet, therefore I hung  my clothes on my balcony. Actually, I was not supposed to do that, because there are rules that drying clothes must only be done on rooftop, but then I questioned why did they provide clothesline on my balcony, though?



And that was it, the Saturday that I had waited so long was spent on my laundry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment