Day 16: Sunday Night Market - My Favorite Spot, so far.


It was 18th of August, and I had been in Thailand for 16 days. My friends and I were planned to go to the Sunday Market. Unfortunately, on Saturday two of my friends, Naila and Nanda bailed out, saying that they had prior agenda to go to Lampang with Nanda's teacher. After doubting whether we would still go to the market or no, Yunanli and I decided to proceed our plan, but we invited Miss Ina to come along.

We went to Yupparaj Witayalai School to meet Miss Ina, we went there by Grab Taxi, our transportation savior. The Sunday Market is very close to the school that it only took less than 5 minutes to get there. The school and the Sunday Market are indeed located in the same are, Old Town Square.

Just so you know, the Chiang Mai Sunday Market/ Chiang Mai Night Market/ Sunday Walking Street Market Chiang Mai goes by so many different names. However, no matter what you call it by, everyone will know which market you are talking about.

The Sunday Walking Street Market exists every Sunday from 4 in the evening until almost midnight, it depends on when all the crowds depart. Talking from experience, the majority of the crowds tend to flood the streets starting from 7pm. Therefore I highly recommend visiting the walking street earlier in the evening, like around 5 or earlier.

I could not say enough how I really enjoyed the Sunday Night Market, not because of its crowd, but of its food and souvenirs. I would say, that the Sunday Night Market was the best place I had visited by far.

Starting the eve with delicious cheesy fries

Going on to taste the popular cubical ice cream

Having Chicken Briyani for dinner

Who can deny the call from this so-good grilled meet

Steamed seafood are so mouthwatering

Kao Soey (or something) 

last but not least, the real coconut drink, literally

0 comments:

Post a Comment