REPORT► Teaching Practice #2

I executed my second teaching plan after the first one was done. On Thursday, August 22nd, I taught Mattayom 3 Classroom 1 (M3/1) for the second time, and before that moment I had already taught 3 classes (3 periods), they were M3/1, M3/2 and M3/3.
On the previous classes I taught my students new vocabulary which I was going to use on the second lesson, Future Tense. In Indonesia, I would normally teach vocabulary and tenses on the same meeting, but in Thailand I was given 50 minutes for each meeting. Therefore, considering the time, I broke down the materials into two meetings, but they were related to each other.

 1.1 Procedures of Teaching 
The procedures of teaching were similar to the first teaching plan, they were divided into 3 steps, but the last two steps were adjusted to "Focused Practice and Communicative Practice". The changes were required because previously I taught Vocabulary, but my second teaching plan would teach tense, therefore changes were made. These steps are now: Presentation, Focused Practice and Communicative Practice. Below are the details of my second teaching plan.
Presentation
1. Teacher greets the students.
2. Teacher briefly mentions the topic of the lesson.
3. Teacher states the objectives gained by the lesson.
4. Teacher provides situations to teach future tense structures.
5. Teacher guides the students to read the sentences.

Power Point Slide for Teaching Practice #2
Focused Practice
6. Teacher divides the class into 8 groups. (group activity)
7. Teacher distributes [worksheet: multiple choice] to each group.
8. Teacher gives instruction to students to choose the best answer.
9. Teacher checks the results of each group.
Communicative Practice
10. Teacher instructs the students to write future tense sentences by considering the words given (individual follow-up activity).
11. Teacher reviews and draws conclusion of the lesson.

 1.2 Time Management and Organizing Activities 
Time allotment for the learning process were planned as follows:

►20 minutes for Presentation.
During this time, I was showing and explaining the examples of conversation between two people. The conversations contain simple future tense. In the end, I guided the students to draw out the structure of simple future tense based on the examples that had been shown.
Presentation: providing information
►10 minutes for Focused Practice.
During this time, the students were working in groups to do an exercise that I gave to them. This activity was done in group, aiming the students to be able to discuss and work with peers.
Group Activity
►10 minutes for Communicative Practice.
During this time, the students were working individually. They had to write sentences by considering a word that is given in each number. This activity was done to measure the comprehension of each student.

 1.3 Problem-Solving 
The problems that I faced were pretty much the same problems that I faced everyday in the classroom. See Teaching Practice #1 to see.

 1.4 Classroom Management 
Different from Teaching Practice #1, my second teaching plan required not only group activity but also individual activity. Group activity is aimed to make the students active and able to work in group. Meanwhile, Individual activity is a follow-up activity that is aimed to find out the capability and the comprehension of each student.

0 comments:

Post a Comment