Day 15: Visiting Elephants Camp and Doi Suthep


Saturday, 17th of August, the long-waited one-day trip finally came. My friends and I were very excited to go on this trip. We gathered in the lobby of International House at 8.30, and we proceeded to the meeting point. Once we got at the meeting point, three university vans were already parked, and a bunch of international students were also there. My friends and I were slightly shocked, because we thought this trip was arranged for SeaTeacher students only, but we were happy, though, for the more the merrier.

It was around 8.40 when we were instructed to get into the van to reach our first destination, Maesa Elephants Camp. My friends and I were separated into three groups.I was in the van number 3, along with four SeaTeacher students and three international students from Korea, Japan, and China, and along with the driver, of course.

The journey to Maesa Elephants Camp took about 40 minutes from CMRU, but I barely noticed because I had nice conversation with other students during the trip. We arrived at the camp and went on to the entrance. I watched the elephants having shower, and their other performances.

elephants shower
elephants playing soccer
elephant against a woman, competing in popping the balloons
Above all, elephants performance of painting was the most attractive performance. Their drawings were beautiful. Nonetheless, the elephants soccer was also nice, entertaining, and hilarious. Elephants Camp is a very nice place to visit if you like animals and mud or dirt, but for me, not so much. I prefer to visit places that are clean and dry.


Our next destination was Doi Suthep. We stopped for lunch on the way to the Doi Suthep. I sat along with other two Indonesian students on the same table. The waitress approached to us and said something. I believed she was asking questions, we just couldn't understand what she asked. She probably asked for our order, so we asked to see the menu instead, and so she gave us the menu. However, the menu did not solve any problem since it was fully written in perfect Thai writing that was hard to read, let alone to understand. We gave up, and we asked for Ms. Arry's assistance. Problem was solved.

the never-mind menu

After having lunch, we went on to our next destination, Doi Suthep. When we arrived, it was still raining. I stepped out from the van, and proceeded to the entrance gate. We went to the top by taking the elevator, because it was raining. Up there, I enjoyed the view of golden temple and statues. I tried to see my luck on the fortune stick and I was pretty satisfied for what I got.

fortune stick


Our last activity in Doi Suthep was taking a picture which should have been beautiful if it was not for the fog. We went down by taking the stairs because the rain had finally stopped.

In short, I would say that Doi Suthep would be a perfect place to visit if only the day was clear, because during the rain, there were not much thing to do, and thing to see.

We ended the tour by going back to the university.

0 comments:

Post a Comment